Aquatic Therapy is an effective treatment option for a wide range of conditions including arthritis, joint pain, muscle stiffness, post-surgical cases and more. Our skilled therapists work one-on-one with their patients in a private, warm water and relaxing environment.
Almost any exercise that can be performed on land can be replicated
in the water, with several unique advantages.
Benefits of Aquatic Therapy:
- Buoyancy provides support for weak limbs. Movement takes less effort, therefore a greater range of motion can be achieved. Buoyancy also promotes muscle relaxation.
- Resistance of water can be used to improve muscle strength.
- Slower movement in water provides an opportunity to work on skills such as balance and coordination, which may be harder to do on land.
- Compression, due to hydrostatic pressure, can provide support for standing activities such as walking, with less effort than on land.
- Hydrostatic pressure decreases lower extremity swelling and improves respiratory muscle function.
All major medical insurances accepted:
- Blue Cross/Blue Shield
* Other plans may have in-network coverage
* Out of network benefits may apply
Aqua Motion Aquatic Wellness Class:
Aqua Motion is a specially designed exercise class for those individuals who have graduated from our Physical Therapy Program. The exercise routine is conducted with participants in the pool. Improvement in breathing, muscle strength, endurance, balance and coordination is emphasized. Equipment used in the class routine include: aquatic balls, paddles, kick-boards, cutting boards, and hydro-fits.
- Individual Class- $10.00
- Package of 12 Classes- $100.00
- Monday/Tuesday/Wednesday/Thursday/Friday | 11:45am-12:45pm
- Tuesday/Thursday | 3:00-4:00pm
Requirements for Participation: PT/Physician referral, Medical Questionnaire
Maximum Class Size: 15 People
Those with special needs will require their Physical Therapist's approval to participate in class. Introduction to train your caregiver and/or determine if a caregiver is required to assist you.
* Please contact 239-649-2222 for more information on physician clearance and initial screening!